Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bragging mom and beach fun ;)

Photobucket

Hi everyone I hope you are all well and having a good week! My daughter Ray and 2 of her friends went to the mall a couple days and hung out for about 4 hours. She came home and told me what happened while the 3 of them were sitting in the food court eating lunch and I had a "Wow that's my kid" moment lol! Her and her friends were sitting at the table eating lunch and the lady sitting at the table next to them walked up to them when she was done eating and said......

"This may seem strange to you three. But I would really like to just thank you for giving me hope in the future that there are still awesome kids like the 3 of you who have manners, do not swear, are not disrespectful, and your just sitting being exactly what 3 girls your age should be. Children. So again, I just want to tell you thank you."

I already knew how awesome she was, but how cool for her and two friends to be at the mall unsupervised and have a middle age woman notice and feel the need to tell them.

I took Ray and Josh to Lake Calhoun a few days ago. It is in Minneapolis in Uptown. Here are some pics......

 


Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

I just snapped a bunch of pics then stuck my camera back into bag since the 3 of us were out near the bouys swimming most of the time. This is the first summer Josh has gotten into playing in sand and he still is not always sure about it but it is so cool to watch him explore new things!

You know it took him almost 7 years to even walk in grass, especially barefoot! He was scared of it and honestly just acted out right disgusted by it.

2 more weeks and school starts again. This summer has flown by! We have been painting (well I did one day with hubby) otherwise he hasbeen painting walls here for the last few days. Today he did the entrance by the garage hall. It was the same dark purple as upstairs and green. It works upstairs BUT the downstairs area has tan tones in the flooring and the dark purple was like a monster sneaking up on you when you walked in and turned around lol! So now it is a nice beige that blends well with the rest of the area.

LJ if you read this I sure hope your doing ok hun! I tried to visit you and couldn't! Ne I also got your emails and love you and will be writing you one soon ;)

Well I am off to make a couple tags before bed.

Hugs and Love,

Robyn

4 comments:

sybilsybil45 said...

Robyn what a lovely lot of photographs isn't Josh just a great wee fella...I am so happy for you that he was happy and inquisitive at the beach...he is sure coming on. As for the girls  what a wonderful compliment for them  one they will always remember. I only wish more "adults" would comment to youngsters when they see they behave well ....they are quick enough to condem... Have another nice weekend ope it nice enough for the beach.   Love  Sybilo xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

chat2missie said...

The lake looks beautiful!
Missie

rdautumnsage said...

As Sybil said, people are quick enough to condemn bad behavior - I wish more people would compliment the good behavior. What a delight to hear your daughter recieved a compliment like that while on her own with friends. Loved the beach pictures! Josh looks like he's in his element and enjoying himself. (Hugs)Indigo

pprrrr39 said...

I can understand how proud you must be of your daughter, that was  a really lovely thing that lady done, just goes to show you there are still nice people around.
Love the pictures...... wish i was on the beach right now.
Take care
hugs Jayne

Followers