Monday, March 31, 2008

50 degrees yesterday??

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So yesterday it was 50 degrees and I opened a couple windows. Today we are in a blizzard! It is supposed to snow through tomorrow. ALL of the snow had just melted. Good thing though is it will not stay for long, and it should be the last snowfall this year.

My sister in law is home now and doing great! My mom got tickets to go to Idol Gives Back. She really wanted me to go with her, and I also wanted to go to see my daughter, but I had to pass for April since we are going to be moving into our new place. We decided to wait until May 1st to move so that the weather will be better, and we will have more than a week to get ready lol. Either way I am so excited to be back into our own house and I cannot wait to decorate and go through all of my stuff. Do you know how many times in the last 10 months I have said while needing something, "We have one of those, IN storage" lol. It has became a running joke with my mom she always replies with "let me guess, it's in storage?". I have done really good though only buying what we absolutely needed so that we don't end up with two of everything. It got so screwy the last couple days we werepacking in our old house, because we found that house we were going to move into and it all fell through in the end. So the last few days we stopped sorting and started packing everything to go since we thought we would have access to it within a couple days. At first we were keeping stuff out that we knew we would need while we looked for a new house and that stopped when we found the house we thought we would be moving into. So then when it fell through and we had to get three storage units to store our stuff it was to hard to pick through everything. We decided we would be ok without it all for awhile. Well awhile turned into almost a year and we do have doubles of some stuff. Other stuff like a crock pot (I have 3 in storage) I ended up borrowing from my mom because I use it to cook so often. I told my mom if she needed it back just to let me know that I would run it over to her. So what does she do? She goes and buys the exact one and now will have two lol

Somehow I just got really sidetracked! So back to my mom, she is so excited to be going to Idol Gives Back. The tickets cost an arm and a leg but they will be on the main level and the seats are pretty good. I am happy for her that she gets to go because I know she was really hoping she could. If Idol keeps having this benefit concert every year I think it will probably be something that we will all start going to each year.

This last couple weeks have been crazy for me. So much going on, so much to remember, and I have to sit back and breathe now and then and relax. Sometime's I have a hard time understanding how it is that as the mother/woman in my household I have so much responsibility on my shoulders versus the man in this household.  I sometime's feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders, and without me here making sure we all have toilet paper to use, medications filled, doctor's appointments made and gone to, bills paid, calls to be made, moving to be handled, food to eat, cars taken care of, cleaning to be done, school stuff to get and events to remember, pets food, lightbulbs, filters to be changed, vacuum bags to be bought, clothes, shoes, jackets, hats, mittens, ect to be bought, trips to be planned, and then my other families stuff that they need help and support with. I truly could go on and on either way my point is when we became mothers why is it that all of this was put on me?? Am I complaining?? I don't know maybe a little. Maybe I am not the only one who has to do so much in the big picture compared to my hubby, then maybe I am?

I just get overwhelmed and tired sometimes that is all. It is that simple. I have some pretty serious medical stuff possibly going on with me and I could REALLY vent about some feelings I have about that but am not going to. I will just say that it is all very real and sometimes I just have to let it go to appease (spelling?) some in my life. Wether it is Kidney Disease or wether it is something else it is troubling to me and I try to just act like it isn't because I don't feel like I have a choice sometimes. My symptoms are so troublesome in certain aspects of my life and make things not as easy as they used to be, I will just leave it at that. I bet there is someone reading my journal that will know what it is I am talking about. I worry a bit about being open and honest about it which is why I am being so vague in details. I am just TIRED let's just say that :)

I cannot wait for it to warm up! I cannot wait to go to the cabin and fish and sit on the beach with my kids. I cannot wait to go to the Pow Wows this summer. I have ALOT to do before real relaxtion starts though since we are getting ready to move. I can imagine though ;)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Love & Hugs, Robyn

7 comments:

nelishianatl said...

I wish I was going to the Pow Wow with you.  I have to get to business getting my regalia put together.  And now some for Dirk and Katie.  
I am so jealous, jk, that your Mom gets to go to Idol Gives back.  I would LOVE that.  I'm glad your SIL is coming home.  Excited for you about the movie.  
I understand totally about getting very tired. and not wanting to reveal all your business here in J-Land.  I am just an email away.  Don't ever forget that.  I still hope to visit you in person some day.  

Love you,

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PRAYINGANDBELIEVING/

jjdolfin9 said...

I can't believe the snow.  I went out in shorts today (in TN).  It's supposed to storm overnight but the temps are staying up there now and everything is turning green finally.  I love snow but am ready for summer...never satisfied...grin.
Hugs, Joyce

geocachelinda66 said...

How is your SIL doing?  Linda

pharmolo said...

Winter is on its way out, believe you me. Anyway, wishing you strength with all that you have going on in life :-)

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

swmpgrly said...

yikes 50 degrees to a snow storm.

queeniemart said...

i hate it that you feel sick so much and yes, i can understand. I am glad your mom gets to go to Idol...i want full details afterwards! Maybe you two can donate your twoies and threeies to Goodwill when you get settled into your new home. I can not believe that snow, OMG.  We all need hot heat and 70 degrees!
Love,lisa jo

tsalagiman1 said...

Beautiful pics!  Going to Idol Gives Back would be really something!  I really like that they not only give aid to those in need in other countries, but they do so here at home too.  I really hope that your medical issues turn out to be minor.  The best medicine would be the cabin, fishing, the beach, and Pow Wows.  That's my prescription!

Dirk

Followers