Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beauty is.....

 

Hi everyone I just wanted to share a poem my daughter had to write for school. I absolutely love it! She wrote all of this from her own feelings about life. She is a sweetheart. It makes me feel great to know that I must be doing something right because her eyes see beauty exactly as I have tried to teach her for 11 years! I think about all the material stuff she could have wrote, like her PSP or laptop or Nintendo DS, or clothes, ect. But not one thing in this poem is materialistic. I am so proud of her :)

Beauty is.......By Rayanna

My mom when she says "I love you sweetie"

Babies when they giggle at you

When my little brother gives me a hug, without having a fit

My sister and I riding the fourwheeler together

My grandma's tator tot hotdish right out of the oven

My aunt when she is happy

Sand from the beaches running through my toes

Sitting and watching the sunset set on a perfect fall night (This is her favorite season)

The waves in the ocean going up and down all day long

Stars sparkling up in the sky at night

Hearing, seeing, feeling and smelling nature on an early morning walk

Lightning filling the sky with a light as bright as the sun

Thunder rattling the windows at 7PM

Fall when all the leaves are changing colors

The smell of wood in a newly built cabin

Mist coming off of the lakes on a cold fall morning

That's what beauty is to me!

Hugs, Robyn

5 comments:

swmpgrly said...

wow its hard to believe an 11 yr old wrote that.

geocachelinda66 said...

That is very good!  Linda

queeniemart said...

TRULY, that poem is out of this world.....what talent she has!!!!
LOVE, lisa

nelishianatl said...

That is a beautiful baby you're holding.  She's going to be deep just like her Mom.  She has true passion for living.
I love her writing already.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

nay0114 said...

You should be very proud Robyn that was an awesome poem doesn't it just make you sit back, take a breathe and say WOW my baby wrote that. Loved it and thank you for sharing it with us.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Followers