Sunday, December 23, 2007

 

 

So I am actually completely and totally ready for Christmas! All food I am cooking is gotten, all presents gotten, all the stocking stuffers gotten, and the house is clean except minor picking up tomorrow late afternoon.

I am having my mom, sister, nephew, hubby's son, hubby's mom, grandma and sister over tomorrow night for dinner then presents. I am cooking a honey glazed ham, rice/broccoli hotdish, mashed potatoes/gravy, sausage stuffing that is super yummy and easy to make, corn, rolls, deviled eggs, a meat and cheese platter, and of course my Chex mix that I make every year. It is cooking as I type so it can cool overnight.

Then on Christmas morning we will wake up and the kids will do their stockings and we will get ready to head to my aunt's house where my daughter Alexis lives to spend Christmas Day with them :)!!! My daughter will then come home with me and stay with me until January 1st. I am SO excited. I love her so much. I will get pics and add them after Christmas. This year has been so stressful yet so exciting getting ready for Christmas. My hubby is a scrooge with a capital S! Yet the happiness in my heart that I will be spending it with ALL of my kids this year is so amazing to me.

This beautiful girl my daughter who has not been a part of my life for almost 10 years is now back in my life and I have been honored as her mother to get to know everything about her. She is so sweet! She is so much like me in so many ways. It truly is a blessing to have her back in my life. She was my missing puzzle piece. She has completed my heart and it has made me so happy!

Well I need to go get the Chex mix out of the oven. So I should wrap this up and say to all of you.................

 

to all of you! Just in case I am not back until after Christmas day. I hope you all have a wonderful day and love your friends and family, and get good presents lol! Oh and take LOTS of pictures to share with us ;)

Love you and hugs, Robyn

7 comments:

am4039 said...

you have a wonderful christmas, it sounds like you are prepared which is good.

queeniemart said...

we love gift bags in my house....your tree is the most beautiful tree  i have ever seen.....your home is a showcase...i love seeing pics of it all....i hope so much that all goes well and i know seeing and being with your daughter is going to bring true joy to you!!
LOVE YOU
lj

scotthlori said...

I can tell your excited!  That's awesome! And yes, it does feel good to be ready early for Christmas (so you're not up all night and too tired when Christmas finally arrives!)

Glad to hear you daughter is back in your life.  That's got to be the best Christmas gift you'll get this year, huh??  :o))

LORI

cacklinrosie101 said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled on this, Robyn.  You are so creative.  I just love your white tree.  Your pictures are so lovely.  I saw the tag you made from your presents.  Merry Christmas!  Love that PB slideshow.  HUGS Chris

swmpgrly said...

So happy your having a great holiday

gehi6 said...

I am happy for you that your daughteer Alexis is spending some time with you.  A nice thing to happen at Chrsitmas time!  Gerry

nay0114 said...

Your tree is gorgeous and I love the dark shots with the glow. Hope you enjoy the holidays.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Followers