Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rules to live by

 

ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO.
Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE.
Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR.
When you say, "I love you," mean it.

FIVE.
When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.

SIX..! Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"

FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN. Say "God bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson
.

SEVENTEEN.
Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN.
When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY.
Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY-ONE.
Spend some time alone.


Aren't these some great rules? I try to practice just about every one of them in my day to day life ;)

I have decided after giving it ALOT of thought that I will not be going private with this journal. But what I will be doing is opening another private journal that will be where my real venting comes in lol. My readers who have been with me for a long time now will be invited to that journal when I open it.

I have had both of my journals public since I started writing in them and honestly would rather close my journal than go private. I just got a comment the other day from a 73 year old woman who plans to come back to read some more I would hate for her to come back and my journal be private ;)

It's interesting how other people find reading about my life interesting. It's a great feeling to know that people want to know what is going on in my day to day life. BUT it is not a great feeling to know that someone has nothing better to do than to take something from MY space where I am free and able to write whatever I want and turn it into drama.

The funniest thing is, I use this page to vent sometimes yes. But very rarely do I really use this space to vent. I give the quick version of most things that are bothering me and leave it at that. Once in a blue moon I will go into real specifics but usually on a typical day I will not do that. It honestly is not because I do not feel I can. It is because I choose not too.

My day to day life is far more stressful than anyone could know and I would probably be writing the same rants and raves everyday if I told it all.

My life is what it is, I have chose to be where I am at right now, I have chose to be that woman who loves 300% unconditionally to the point that if I were truly open with my daily life many people would say to me "what are you doing?".

The reason I just explained that is because I know who I am, I know where my heart is, I know what type of mother I am, I know what type of friend I am and because I know these things I do not feel the need to come here and vent every time my hubby and I have a problem, or everytime me and one of my kids has a problem.

I believe that it is "us" people with many real life problems that are the realist of them all. I think that people that come and open a journal on AOL and pretend to have this picture perfect white picket fence life would not fit into my world. I am far to real.

So with that said I am letting everyone know I am staying public, what you see is what you get. I am me and I am OK with me :) I actually happen to love me lol. I just happen to live in a very real world where real life problems do happen more often than they don't. Does that mean that I live a dramatic life? No I just live life as real as I possibly can. I live life one day at a time.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

 Hug, Robyn

3 comments:

queeniemart said...

whether you are public or private, i am here and you know it.....i would really love to read anything you write, even your sad stuff....but you have to be careful...as i have found out....i know for a fact that you are a TRUE friend....the compassion you have shown me with Buddy's death made me weep and meant THE WORLD to me.....i am so glad we found each other in J land. Just be you and stay true to yourself.
HUGS, lj

gehi6 said...

I am glad you decided noet to go private.  When I developed a problem with a troll in my journal, someone who lives in my complex, I stopped for a while, but was able to work out my feelings and return to a public format only I am just not writing about anything he is doing any more.  (He is head of the tenant's organization) That is not too big of price for me to pay for sure.  So far he has left me alone, since nothing I am writing now has anything to do with the Westward Ho.  I also had to stop being part of his organization to get away from his behavior up close.  But I do think going public is worth it for me to get my story out to the world.  Negative responses are part of the deal, but if they get too bad something has to be worked out.  Gerry  http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

nay0114 said...

Love the list of rules to live by I will have to remember them as I am starting my life over midway.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Followers