Monday, November 19, 2007

Rest in peace Bentley!

Tonight my sister called me crying so hard I could barely understand her! Her and my mom are due to leave for Jamaica in about 5 hours and we still have no idea what happened but when they were rounding up the dogs to come on the house tonight they were yelling for everyone and then my mom heard Bentley (Boo) screaming in the back yard. My mom got a couple of the dogs in their kennels and my sister went into the back yard to find Bentley. She found him and he had gotten attacked. Not sure at all if it was my sister's dog Bourke or something that came into the back yard.

My sister picked Bentley up and he had bites out of him and was losing oxygen. He died within 10 minutes in her arms! OMG I could not believe it! He was the coolest little thing. We all called him the alien dog because he had so many weird traits about him. I am so sorry for my mom and sister that this happened at all let alone within 10 hours of leaving for a trip for 10 days.

He will be missed in our craziness of dogs for sure. He was such a sweetheart! This happened to us also 10 hours before we were leaving last year to go visit my sister in rehab in Oklahoma City. Her oldest dog Milo (grandpa) had a stroke or something and lost all bodily function from the neck down. My sister in law and I took him in right when we got there and he had to be put to sleep an hour later.

So sad..............

I had my CT done today and do know that they found no cancer masses so thank god for that. Yet my infection is getting worse and we have no idea why?? I will go have more blood drawn tomorrow morning to see how much higher my white blood cell count is. Then will go back on Wednesday to talk more to my doctor about where we go from there. My fever stayed pretty consistent at around 99-100 for almost 2 weeks with a three day break not having one. Now over the last 3 days it has been around 102 consistently again. And the pain in my back by my kidneys man does it hurt! So for about 4 weeks now I have had a fever all but 4 days and been so drained and sore. NOT FUN!

Well that is it for tonight. Sorry for such a downer entry. They say when it rains it pours.

Hugs, Robyn

11 comments:

queeniemart said...

please let me know what is wrong when you find out. I am so sorry you are ill. I am heartbroken for the doggy. One of my dogs is sick today and i am so sad anyway so to read this loss of a treasured pet is so sad.
hugs, lisa

pharmolo said...

That is desperately sad, losing Bentley like that. Hope your health improves soon, or else that they find out what's wrong.

springangel235 said...

This is so sad...and my prayers go out to all of you...
Hope you feel better soon...many hugs and love,
Joyce

jeanno43 said...

so very sad!  I hope you feel better soon

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

wwfbison said...

I came to visit by way of Guido - how sad for Bentley.  My heart goes out to you & your family.  I've lost 4 pets in as many weeks....I know the heartbreak.
I do hope you are feeling better soon.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

rdautumnsage said...

So sorry to hear about Bentley. Any time one of our animal children pass they take a small piece of our hearts with them. Keeping your mother and sister in my prayers on the smoke as I continue to do with you. Glad to hear nothing was Cancerous, hope they can find a solution soon. (Hugs) Indigo

swmpgrly said...

Omg I am sooo sorry about bently. I cant imagine how you are all dealing with it.

nelishianatl said...

I am so sorry about what happened to Bentley.  That is awful.  For everyone.

As for your infection, I am wanting to know what type of anti-biotic they have you on?  This is going on way too long.  It's crazy.

They need some wisdom to make a decision for your treatment.

Way too long on making this better.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-creations/

nay0114 said...

I'm so sorry about Bentley my goodness how awful. I am however happy for you that there was no cancer and pray that they find out what is wrong soon.
Take care, Chrissie

gehi6 said...

Too bad about the dog.  A shock for you all I am sure as the death of any pet is, unexpected.  I  hope they soon find what is causing your medical problem.  It must be worrisome.  I don't think I have been to your journal before and I love your photographs, the size, the quality.  I will be back as time permits me.  Gerry
http://journals.aol.com/gehi6/daughters-of-the-shadow-men/  

carolsixpac said...

I am so sorry about Bentley--am a big dog lover here.

I am glad the tests came out good but hope they find out what is wrong.

Followers