Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Prayers and sadness (revised typos)

There was a terrible tragedy tonight during rush hour at 6PM about 15 minutes from my house! The bridge in Mpls gave way and so far there has been 7 deaths. As of 11:00 tonight they had to call the rescue teams back until morning because it was not safe for them to be in the river. There is still many  cars not found or not able to be gotten to!

My heart goes out to everyone and the families of the victims! SOO scary this is a road that I travel on a regular basis. I was at Valleyfair Amusement park all day but got calls from my both of my sister in laws repeatedly making sure I was not there. Everyone's cell phones were not working very well because so many people were using them. So I did not hear my phone ring at the park until almost 8 tonight. I missed 12 calls during those two hours.

This is a heavily traveled bridge, about 200,000 people a day! It is right there near the University of MN. I cannot believe the pictures and news I have been watching! Such sadness..............

http://wcco.com/

6 comments:

swmpgrly said...

my hubby and I were watching the news when the interupted to broadcast it.
you just never know.
I have always feared that happening to this bridge in cape cod mass.
I am not a fan of those big over the water bridges.

pharmolo said...

Heard about that this morning, hope the casualty toll does not rise further

therealslimemmy said...

i saw this and i am so saddened
my prayers go out to all the victims
emily

rdautumnsage said...

I've been watching the details unfold on the news. I'm so glad you where not involved in this tragedy! Keeping the families of the victims and those that where hurt in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo

queeniemart said...

Wow, you ARE close!! This is a huge tragedy. It scares us to realize that life is fragile and everything can change in an instant.
HUGS, lj

carolsixpac said...

Oh I am so sorry....I think I remembered seeing this story on TV...such a tragedy.

Followers