Monday, April 9, 2007

Just saying hi

Hi everyone just checking in. Last week 10 of us in my family decided to get in two cars and just get on the road. We ended up going to Oklahoma City and had a great time. We all really needed to just spend some good time together and clear our minds.

We ate tons of good food, shopped a ton, went to this awesome gokart place, and just stopped wherever we wanted when we wanted. On our way home we stayed the night in Kansas City at this beautiful hotel that had recently updated the suites.

While in Oklahoma we got all the thank you cards filled out from my grandma's funeral. Over a hundred total we did. Man did my hand hurt when we were done. I didn't realize how hard that part was going to be. Some people were more personal to us then others and finding the proper words to write was hard.

My kids went back to school today from Spring Break. WHEW! lol

I bought the cutest Dooney & Bourke bag at Macy's in OK. I will take a picture of it later and post it. My mom decided she loved it and stopped and bought her own.

I am doing good, I am just going with the motions of the day. A couple days ago I did break down and cry in my car again (That is my venting place because my kids are not around) but otherwise I am ok.

I am happy for my grandma that she is in a better place, and that she is no longer suffering! She spent her life dedicated to Jesus and to her she went home! That is where she lived her whole life to end up.

Well that's it for tonight. HAPPY BELATED EASTER to everyone! I hope everyone is doing good.......

Love & Hugs,

Robyn

4 comments:

pharmolo said...

Nice to hear from you, Robyn, and hope your Easter was also good :-)

swmpgrly said...

I hope you all had a great easter and I cant wait to see the bag...lol

queeniemart said...

I am glad you got away and had a good time. Those we love who have died and are in Heaven are in a place of nothing but unending joy and happiness. There is no sadness and pain. That soothes me when i miss my grandma. Someday, i will be reunited with her. What a joy that will be. It is always so hard on those left behind.
hugs, lj

rdautumnsage said...

I'm so glad you got a chance to get away and give yourself some family time to laugh! In times the tears will be less and the only thing that will be left will be beautiful memories of your grandmother. (Hugs) Indigo

Followers