Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Gibber jabber

Hi everyone it has been awhile since I wrote an entry so I figured I would tonight before I went to bed.

Yesterday we spent 15 hours (with drive time) at my grandma's house going through stuff and taking stuff we wanted, ect. The whole process was sad for me! I brought home some beautiful stuff of hers though that I will keep until I pass and my daughter will take it.

One is a 75 year old Lane cedar chest that is still in mint condition with the original tags in perfect shape still! My grandma used it over the years for two things and two things only, her fabric she collected and her handkerchiefs.  We split the handkerchiefs up between my mom, my sis and I. They smelled like Cedar bigtime!

I honestly never knew how much great stuff my grandma collected! She had a amazing collection of tea cups with the saucer. I took all of them and will keep them to give to my daughter when she gets older. I found out today when a very good friend of ours came over who happens to be a avid collector of antiques that these tea sets are very rare and have not been made for years! He also told me that similar cedar chests at auctions that were actually in way worst shape than my grandma's went for 5000-7000 dollars!

It will never leave our family it will stay with us forever if I have anything to say about it!  Besides the tea sets I also took a ton of different beautiful pieces of china, on is a piece of depression glass and man is it pretty! I actually will take a few pictures sometime soon and show you.

We have been so busy since before my grandma passed away! I did pick up the phone last week and went as far as dialing her number and realized afterwards "what am I doing?". I used to call her all the time when I was doing dishes and it was just habit. Man what I would give to be able to call her right now and talk for hours like we used to! I miss her so much!

We got a box from the funeral home that was waiting at her house when we got there yesterday with a video memorial that played at her wake,  candles, cards from flowers, ect. The way they did the video was amazing. It was beautiful! We chose 50 photos from her life starting at birth til recent with all the grandkids and they did a wonderful job putting them together! She was a amazing woman!!!

I do not think I ever mentioned she had a twin sister. She is really having a hard time with this. The two of them (I swear I am telling the truth!!lol) never got in one fight in 87 years! They also never lived more than 5 miles away from each and never according to my aunt went a day without talking. She is lost right now. She said she many times has went to pick the phone up to call her.

Other then missing her a ton I am doing pretty good. Life is hectic as ever there is so much going on that I do not have time to go into tonight. But like I always say there is never ever a dull moment in my life!

I reserved two cabins two days ago for the week right after my kids get out of school so we can go relax and hang out on the beach, and fish! My mom will take one cabin and we will take the other.

We also have decided for Christmas this year all of (mom,sister,brother, and all of our partners and kids) us are going to Jamaica. Should be a blast!

I think after losing my grandma that we have all really been enjoying spending more time then usual together just loving each other and helping each other out with all the stresses in our lives together.

My daughter picked her instrument she will be playing next year, she picked the flute. She is all signed up now for summer lessons and we will get her flute the first week of May at her school.

Hubby's mom is down to one more chemo treatment then has a couple weeks off and starts her radiation which will go til July. She is doing great considering all she is going through! She is having all the typical reactions to the chemo but is staying positive and keeping a good attitude about all of it overall! She is another amazing woman so I am not surprised how well she is handling all of this!

Well I think I will end this for tonight and go to bed. I am so tired! My bed is calling me ;)

I hope everyone is doing good! I saw in a alert that Nelishia got married this last weekend! I cannot wait to see pics. For those of you who do not know her she is a beautiful woman who has had a very hard life and finally found a piece of happiness! I am so happy for her and Dirk! I wish the two of them nothing but eternal love and happiness! He found a diamond finding her :) Love you NeNe!!!

Goodnight and Sweet dreams........

Love you and hugs,

Robyn

6 comments:

pharmolo said...

I'm glad you continue to have good memories of your mom. Have a good Wednesday

queeniemart said...

I hope your aunt moves forward with the wonderful memories of her sister and is ok. I will keep her in my thoughts. Congrats on your vacations coming up. I think it is so nice that you have things of your grandmas to remember her by.
TAKE CARE!
lj

swmpgrly said...

Your gramas twin must be so lost without her

rdautumnsage said...

I think it's wonderful you have things surrounding you now to remember your grandmother by!! (Hugs) Indigo

therealslimemmy said...

i played the flute in hs...it was fun...i also played piano growing up someday i hope to find time to play again
i am glad you are holding on to your grandmas belongings i am sure she would want you to have them and treasure them like you are
take care
emily

carolsixpac said...

I am so sorry abour your Grandmother....
I am glad your mother in law is doing better.
May yur daughter play u beautiful music on that flute.

Followers