Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Finally a picture of the baby ;)

Is he not adorable? He is such a good baby too! I am not going to go into a real long story tonight because I am exhausted and have had a very long day but will tell a bit.

My sister has Postpartum Depression, she is fully aware of it. She does not like it, and she is doing everything she can to change it. She does not feel a connection between her and her son the way that a mother should feel that connection. She made a very responsible choice to come stay here with the baby. I have stepped in where she cannot tolerate right now, just temporarily until she is feeling better.

But because of this I have quickly been reminded how tiring a brand new baby is lol. But like I said he is the sweetest little thing :) I am still extremely proud of my sister and I tell her this because she needs to hear it.

Postpartum Depression strikes alot of new mothers, plus she is very young and her body went through ALOT of changes very quickly! Her labor was a little scary a few times and it all happened pretty fast. She did only deliver a week early tho.

For a couple days before he was born she had swollen up so bad that she could not bend her fingers. Her legs, feet and hands were numb also. She was also seeing white spots randomly. She went to her dr. on Monday and she didn't mention this stuff to them. By Tues my sister in law and I started seeing her getting more swollen, and she was still seeing random spots. We looked stuff up online, and called her Dr's and found out also that she had protein in her urine.

Around 7 that evening we called her and told her she needed to go in. We had figured out that she was probably having Preeclampsia and knew already if that was the case she was going to be having the baby that night.

We got to the hospital and they did blood work right away. The results were back in about 30 minutes and showed her liver numbers were high. They wanted to try to let her deliver naturally and said that if there wasn't significant change to the liver numbers in the morning they were going to do a Csection.

So withing in hour they broke her water, and started inducing. By the time they got her into a delivery room and settled it was about 11 when they broke her water, and about midnight when they started inducing. When she was dialated at around 3cm she was having a hard time dealing with the cramps. She had a epideral during the whole pushing process. This by far is and was the hardest thing my sister has ever had to experience in her life and really did a good job overall. When pushing time came I did help her tremendously by by pushing her legs and helping her. She was way overwhelmed when he was born!

Scary stuff for any new mommy, let alone a 17 yr. old. I am sorry for her that she is having these baby blues, Postpartum depression. She loves her son and wants nothing more than to feel better and be "connected" to her son. I am proud of her for delivering him, and for loving him enough to be able to admit what she is feeling and doing what she knows is best for the two of them right now!

My sister is not shamed, or judged because of this. It is not in her control. Today was a very good day for the two of them so maybe she is already getting through it!

Ok well this ended up very long lol. I must go to bed now. I hope everyone is doing good~

Hugs,

Robyn

5 comments:

am4039 said...

bless your sister. It sure is a lot for a 17 year old. What a cute picture of that precious baby. My prayers to your sister and family.

therealslimemmy said...

what a beautiful little boy...and what a wonterful auntie you are :)
<3, em

jadejonez04 said...

I love that picture.  It's overwhelming, let alone being her age!!  I can't imagine.  She'll get through, as we all do especially with your support.  HUGS

queeniemart said...

Thank God you are there for this cute little angel. Your sister will come around. I think Britney Spears has the same thing going on too plus she has an addiction problem too.
hugs, lisa

carolsixpac said...

What a beautiful baby!!! I had a c-section too, so I feel for her.

Followers