Thursday, December 7, 2006

Results in finally!

 

Hi everyone. Well we finally got the results back from my daughters tests and biopsy's. She does have Ulcerative Colitis. Her GI doctor called in a new prescription for her yesterday called Asacol that he intends for her to take indefinately. 4 pills a day.

I did a bunch of researching on it last night and honestly did not like all the forums I read about this drug. It causes many side effects for most people and has actually made the flare ups worse.

They call it a disease, as it is not curable (with the exception of surgery to remove the colon, intestines and rectum) they say that is the only way you can get rid of it. But to me that is not an option right now for a 10 year old.

Her doctor told us to try it for 10 days and if there was not dramatic improvement they will be admitting her again and doing more tests and at that point figure out what will work for her.

She is still feeling really rough! She has not felt good for 2 months now. I feel bad for her. She was just as glad as I was tho to finally get some sort of results as to what has been making her feel so terrible and tired, and sore.

I printed a ton of stuff last night related to Colitis and I think this is going to be a very frustrating thing for her to have to deal with at such a young age. They have support groups at Childrens Hospital and I think I may sign up for one that we can go to together.

When the flare ups go away they call it in remission. Her flare up is not gone yet. Which is why she is feeling so crappy.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will start feeling better since she already spent Thanksgiving in the hospital, I would hate for her to have to be there over Christmas also! But if it ends up that way well then we will just bring Christmas to her ;) ALL of us lol

I have not started shopping yet, I have 3 presents bought and that is it! We did finally get the outside lights up, and my tree is up and my house is decorated! I have not even bought my cards to send out yet this year! I have a HUGE list of to do's this weekend. I am hoping I can power shop and get it all done on Saturday and Sunday.

Tomorrow night hubby and I are taking my mom, and his mom to see Air Supply ( both of them love em!). We will sit in the lounge afterwards and have a few drinks then stay in these beautiful suites that night. We are treating both of them to the whole evening. My sister and her B/F will have a room also. I think hubby's mom will have a blast, it is going to be her last outing before she has surgery, and has chemo and radiation!

I remember when I was a kid my mom loved her some Air Supply! The first pay preview event she ever ordered was their concert. She has a friend over and they acted like little girls lol! So she is pretty excited too.

I think it will be fun. It gives me a excuse to get all dressed up and have fun for a night.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I took Marina's advice and deleted all of my alerts, there were way to many to catch up on. So now I am able to start reading again. I still need to go threw all the comments left over the couple weeks and start visiting some of these wonderful peoples journals!

HUGS AND MORE HUGS to everyone!

Robyn

4 comments:

jadejonez04 said...

Colitis can be improved somewhat with diet and avoiding certain foods.  I had someone in my life who had it.  I know how sick and feverish it can make you, how awful it feels.  Hope things get better soon!!  HUGS

pharmolo said...

Please remember that UC affects every sufferer in a different way, and in a differing degree of severity. The Asacol is a good maintenance treatment, and every medicine has its side-effects. The alternative (not taking) is what you have now. You should talk to the doctor and/or your pharmacist if you have misgivings about treatments. Hope your daughter will have long periods of remission.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

queeniemart said...

i will have to read up on what she has...i have never heard of that. I love Air Supply....my best friend LOVES LOVES them.
hugs and love,
lisa

carolsixpac said...

Oh I am so sorry about ur daughter-that can be so painful. I hope she gets some relief.

Followers