Saturday, December 16, 2006

A new day!

Good morning everyone. Thank you to those of you who are being so supportive. It's strange how signing on to aol and seeing your comments really does help! So thank you again!

We are going to Rayanna's dance program thank god she feels well enough to go. She is so frustrated with all of her symptoms, and all of these meds! As of right now she is feeling half way ok, that is not to say in two hours she will not be sick again. But I am keeping my fingers crossed she will actually go all day without the pain, and bleeding, and nausea.

I was reading all of her possible side effects for the 3 new meds I picked up yesterday and the nausea one is scary! It apparently is usually a med for chemo patients and radiation patients. I am going to give it to her as minimal as possible. The one side effect that stuck out to me is it can cause temporary vision loss. I understand it says temporary, and I understand it is only a possible side effect. But how scary is that? It would kill me if that happened to my 10 year old even if it were only temporary!!

One thing I have not explained a whole lot in here is the bleeding I have spoke of a couple times. It may be TMI for some but I will quickly explain it. For the last 10 weeks everytime she goes to the bathroom and goes BM blood drips out of her like a faucet. It is because her lining of her colon is so inflammed. It is bothersome to see so much blood when she goes. She did make a comment last night to me "mom I am starting to get used to it, but everytime I see all the blood it feels so weird because I know it is not supposed to be there"

Well I should end this and get ready to go! I will take pictures at the program to post later. It is a new day and I am feeling a little better. Now I need to try to get everything done that needs to be done. Or at least work at getting what I can done.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hugs and love,

Robyn

5 comments:

therealslimemmy said...

i hope that rayanna feels good today and is able to have a good day.  that is a very scary side effect.  i wouldnt give too much of it either....do they have any other forms of nausea medicine strong enough for her to try??? maybe they dont have that sideeffect...i took some when i was pregnant that helped a lot but i dont know if it would be the same or strong enough?  it was called phenorgan or something i know i spelled that wrong i'm sure. lol
praying for you all
em

pharmolo said...

If I understand it correctly, your daughter has been prescribed steroids (prednisolone or prednisone, or something similar). These are indeed powerful medicines, which in her case are used to suppress the inflammation of the bowel. If they are given on a temporary basis, give the full course. If she is to be on them long-term, do NOT suddenly alter the amount given. By law, the drug company has to quote ALL the side-effects ever recorded. If anything does happen (not likely in the short term), you are prepared. Discuss with doctor if not sure. How do I know? Look at my screenie.

queeniemart said...

not that anyone wants to know but ever since June when i was in the hospital with my bowel issue, i have blood every time, every day. It is scary. I hope that Rayanna is ok..i think of her often. Those meds would scare me too.
love,lisa

daniella12800 said...

I hope all worked out for your daughter tonight...can't wait to see pictures.  

Poor baby..I can't even imagine how she must feel, wow that brought a tear to my eye that she is getting used to it.  Poor thing!  I guess I don't even know what to say but I hope the doctors figure something out and fast.  She must be strong like her mother....they way you describe seems like she is taking it like a trooper!

I am here if you need me..only and email away!

Daniella

slcangelxxx said...

I'm so sorry for what you all are going through, but so glad she's feeling better.  I was on that chemo nausea medicine when I had horrible morning sickness that wouldn't go away. I had tried two or three other nausea medicines before that. That stuff basically saved me from having to go to the hospital and get an IV. It was wonderful. And I never had any side effects.
Have a wonderful day!
http://journals.aol.com/sjs068587/andthebeatgoeson/
--Stephanie

Followers