Monday, November 27, 2006

Another quick update

Hi everyone I just wanted to do another quick update. My daughter is home now. We will not have the results of the tests, or biopsy's for at least a week. There was really nothing at the hospital being done that cannot be done here at home. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying that we will get an answer finally as to what is wrong with her, but that it will be something treatable!
Her poor hand is so sore from her IV. They tried 5 times before they found a spot that was good enough to use, and it was right on the bone on inside of her wrist. She was REALLY happy to have it removed, but it is so sore she keeps putting warm clothes on it.
She got put on a liquid diet Thanksgiving morning, I felt so bad she could not eat a good thanksgiving meal! I did have a plate saved for her tho that she ate two days later.
I wish I had more answers to give, but I don't! I woke up this morning AGAIN with my throat so swollen and sore! I think I'm so wore out that I probably am more quick to get sick. I will be going for another strep test this afternoon.
We got some terrible news about 2 hours ago. Hubby is up north til tonight and just called me to let me know the results of his mothers biopsy she had done last week. She has Breast Cancer. It is devestating to us because she has no medical insurance! Wednesday she will go in for her treatment options, and we will go from there! This woman is amazing and I have to believe that we will come up with something for her to be able to get the required treatment she needs! I love her equally as I do my own mother! She is my confidant in all aspects of life! So once again I am asking for any prayer requests and as many as possible here in Jland! Her name is Wendy and I sure would appreciate it! Prayer works miracles I do know first hand!
The amount of responses I got here in my journal for my daughter was amazing! You guys are all amazing! I plan to tell everyone thank you but I just do not have the time to do that right now. Everyone new who came to visit....I will be coming to your journals and saying hi when I have the time!
I will end this for now and update again when I am able to give more answers.
I love you and hugs,
Robyn
P.S. My daughter LOVED all the comments left for her in my last 2 entries....so thank you again! It made her smile ;)

13 comments:

pharmolo said...

Best wishes to your mom, Robyn. Have passed the word round.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

sybilsybil45 said...

Just read your news on pharlmo's blog.
I do hope that your dear mother in law will be able to get the help she needs without Ins. I well know the difficulties that can cause as same happened to my nephew when we were in US on holiday (his ins co. refused to help cause he didn't report he had had TB 20 years before!) it was only prayers that sustained us all throughht the terrible ordeal. So you sure have all my prayers and that of our prayer group here in the UK.    Best wishes, Sybil

sugarsweet056 said...

New to your journal, Guido (pharmolo) asked me to come. Please know J-Land is full of caring people. If anyone can help in any way, just let us know. I'll keep you all in my thoughts & prayers, if you need someone to talk to please email me, I'm here.  Please come visit me when you can.
God bless,
Sugar
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/INHISNAME/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/SUGARSLIFE/
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYBELOVEDFURRBABIES/

lanurseprn said...

Came here from Guido's journal.  Hoping for the best for you and your family.
Pam

iiimagicxx said...

Robin!... this insurance thing is a big problem but you seem to have a kind of solution in your sleeve...
Courage, and find time to rest.
Valerie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

mshooper2 said...

I hope & pray everything will be okay for your daughter, and that your mother-in-law can get good care and will be a survivor.  Stay strong, and get some rest...

Melissa

jadejonez04 said...

Many hugs and prayers your way... devastating!  Glad she's home though.  HUGS

queeniemart said...

I will pray for Wendy and your daughter...i am so sorry all this is going on.....if you need anything, let me know.
hugs,lisa

demandnlilchit said...

I was diagnosed in July and my blog has been taken over with my journy in going from a Breast Cancer patient to a Breast Cancer survivor....please feel free to read and send a link to your MIL....contact any of the many cancer sites ie: Susan Komen, American cancer society....they have to be able to help her find care even without health coverage......and there is also the Y-Me foundation....hope some of this info is helpful.

tellsg said...

Sorry to hear about your mother in law's diagnosis.  Its always frightening to hear news like that but there are great things being done now, so I hope all will go well with her treatment.  My sister, Christine, had a masectomy 5 years ago and is doing great. Hugs.  Terry x

therealslimemmy said...

thank your daughter for the comment she left me :) made me smile
praying for you and your mother in law
keep us updated
<3 emily

helmswondermom said...

Hello! You don't know me, but I was sent here by Guido at Northern Trip.  I am very sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.  My mother had a mastectomy at the age of 67 and is still going strong at 83.  I hope that the outcome is good for you MIL as well.  A very good friend of mine had a mastectomy a month ago and had her first round of chemo yesterday, so I am very sympathetic with what you and your family must be going through.  Take care and get as much rest as you can whenever you can.  Lack of rest and stress can certainly make you more susceptible to illness, and this is the time of year when strep seems to be going around.  I also hope that your daughter is doing well by now.  I am new to your journal and will be back to visit again.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

carolsixpac said...

oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your mother in laws illness.  k-playing catch up here.

Followers