Monday, September 11, 2006

Checking in

Well we made it in one piece and hubby n I didn't kill each other lol! We went almost all the way into DC when we got here and ended up not checking into hotel there. We went back about 30 miles and checked into this one month old Hampton that is wonderful! It is not real cheap but it is layed out great and has everything we wanted. We actually have two rooms, but one is a bedroom and one is a living room. I have a couple pics of it that I will post when I write a longer entry.

We have to wake up at 5:45am to get my sons appointment this morning so I just wanted to let everyone know that I made it here and am doing ok!

I forgot how much I missed specific east coast food that never ever tastes as good at home! Calazones is the top one, and crab cakes! We cannot get them at home the way they taste here!!

It seemed to be a very somber day here in and near Washington DC for alot of people being the 5 year anniverary of 9/11.......................

We watched the presidents speech tonight, and the following program that was a reinactment. Then took my daughter swimming and ordered some food for dinner. Tomorrow after Josh's appointment we are going to bring the kids to see whatever they want near the White House. They have both been here obviously before but were much younger and I think Rayanna will appreciate it all alot more now, and enjoy herself much more. So we are keeping fingers crossed that it does not rain all day tomorrow!!

I am off to try to get a little bit of sleep now. I will write a longer entry after I get home. I hope everyone is doing good, and having a great week!! :)

2 comments:

queeniemart said...

Thanks for updating...glad things are going well and you are in a nice hotel...be safe!
XO lisa jo

carolsixpac said...

Sometimes just getting in a different place can really make a diff re arguing with each other...........k, playing catch up here. hugs

Followers