Saturday, May 21, 2005

Trying new things

When I was 18, literally on my 18th birthday I went into labor at 23 weeks gestation, my son Anthony was born after 36 hours of labor. He only weighed 1 pound 3 ounces. He lived for 26 hours and then passed away. He was my first born and it took every inch of my heart and soul to move on from this loss. I have moved on but never ever forgot! I still think about him all the time and miss him. My grandfather had passed away a month before my son did and because of the winter was not able to be buried yet and because of that my grandma came to me with a wonderful idea. It was an idea that comforted me beyond belief. She asked me if I wanted to bury my sweet little angel with my grandfather. So thats what we did, we wrapped him in the cutest little blanket and he was layed to rest in my grandfathers arms to be forever protected! I believe the two of them are having a ball together up there, and looking down on me. I picture the two of them playing ball together, fishing, my grandpa telling him all his good ole stories he told me as I grew up. I swear I never got enough of those stories. I always wanted to hear more, more, more! :) Well every year since my son died I drive 4 hours up north to his gravesite and put a floral arrangement on his gravesite and my grandpas, but usually I buy it from a store. Well this year, today as a matter of fact since I am going up there tomorrow I decided to make one. I think it turned out pretty good considering I have never made one before. I will post pics tomorrow when I get home of it on the holder and totally completed. It's hard to believe he would have been 12 this year! He will always be my little angel!

1 comment:

carolsixpac said...

Oh honey, I am so so sorry for your loss. With deepest sympathy-carolina

Followers